American family relocating to London
Nursery & Pre-Prep School Consultancy
In early 2020 William Clarence was contacted by a US couple based in California who were being relocated to London for work. They had two young children, aged 4 and 2, and had tried to contact central London pre-preps and nurseries themselves and were told there were no spaces available for September.
- We drew up a shortlist in Chelsea, Knightsbridge and Kensington and approached leading nurseries and pre-prep schools to discuss the children. Particular emphasis was placed on the four year old as he would need to be assessed for entry to some of the most competitive central London schools
- During a week long visit to London in late February we arranged for the family to visit five schools and four nurseries fro their list
- The list was changed during the week as the family’s housing plans changed and we widened the area to accommodate the change, adding a further two visits
- We spent extensive time with the family talking them through the visits and what to expect, particularly in relation to the 4+ assessments for their son
- We worked with the schools to get quick feedback for the family so by the time they left London a week later they had offers and were able to make decisions about housing
The family was offered places at each nursery and school they visited and will be starting in September 2020
Diana Morant is an absolute star. We worked with Diana to help find last minute pre-prep placements for our children. Diana was kind, helpful, and organized - everything we could ask for in an education consultant. We successfully placed both children and this would not have been possible without Diana. Thank you Diana!