Star of the Year 2019
Do you have what it takes to be our Star Student of the Year 2019? We want to hear from you
William Clarence Star of the Year Award
We are proud to announce the launch of an international search for our Star Student of 2019. We are seeking talented students at all ages and stages of their academic journey who want to attend a prestigious British School or University. We want to open up the very best of UK education to everyone – regardless of nationality or background. We’re looking for any students that aim high, love their subject and want to achieve more.
Each year will see a school placement winner – for students aged at the main entry levels of 11,13, and 16 – and also a university level winner, who will be awarded entry into a UK undergraduate placement package with William Clarence.
The winner will receive a full scholarship for one of our market leading school or university placement preparation packages in the UK. Whether you are looking for prep school entrance, senior schools entrance, University and UCAS support or Oxbridge Application - we want to hear your story.
The William Clarence Star of the Year will be the first of an annual competition to attract entrants of school and university age around the world to showcase the strength of depth of international applicants. With all consultancy, advice and tutoring fees granted to the winner this is an opportunity like no other for the winner.
School Placement Process
- Consultation with student and family with our UK Admissions team - full academic overview of his or her work, grades, current situation and ambitions long term.
- Assessment assessment to benchmark against UK curriculum.
- Full researching and guidance on shortlisting of all suitable schools within the family's criteria.
- Full application form handling and registration fees with schools.
- Tours and open days booked and arrange.
- Successful placement and day one of School in September 2020
University Admission Process
- Consultation with student with our UCAS Admissions team - full academic overview of his or her work, grades, current situation and ambitions long term.
- Shortlisting of all suitable courses and Universities within the student's criteria, leading to a final 5 shortlist ready for UCAS application.
- Full support with personal statement guidance, bringing together previous experience, academic work, extracurricular sport and hobbies.
- Guidance and help with sourcing the correct reference for his application.
- UCAS form filling out and submission with student.
- Managing offers from Universities as they arrive.
- Successful placement and day one of University in September 2020
Entry criteria for applications and how to enter...
Entrants will be required to;
- Be eligible to be educated in the UK and have appropriate visa permissions.
- Complete a 750-word creative writing project on a topic of their choosing.
- Complete a 750-word supporting essay on any academic subject and how it relates to their future academic or career ambitions.
- Enclose an up-to-date copy of their CV
- Be able to attend interviews either online or in London in July 2019
The deadline for entries is 1st May 2019, with shortlisting taking place in June 2019. The winners will be announced in August 2019.
All applicants should email firstname.lastname@example.org with all the above entry information.
William Clarence also invites UK academic institutions, both schools and Universities, interested in the initiative to get in touch via williamclarence.com.