Director of UK School and University Placements
Director of UK School and University Placements Business - London
William Clarence Education is one of the UK’s leading education advisory and consultancy services, advising families on every aspect of their educational journey, from “cradle to Cambridge”.
Our business is built around the quality and integrity of our people. With close links to former Heads of Schools and senior figures within the education industry we are proud to offer expert advice that puts each child at the centre of the process. We work with clients from all around the world, dealing last year with clients from 18 different countries. We support British expat families moving back to the UK after a period abroad, or international families having their first contact with the UK education system.
Our suite of service offering begins with nursery advice for our clients with young families, through to prep and senior school placement. For older students, we offer full UK University and US College Admission placement programmes, as well as tailored Oxbridge and Medicine Application support.
This is a commercial and client-facing position, developing new business, managing client relationships and growing into the figurehead of the UK School and University Placement business.
For the right candidate this role is an opportunity to join a rapidly expanding business and to be responsible for the growth of the “business within a business”, building a team, proposing new initiatives, building new partnerships, having P/L responsibility and ultimately being accountable for the continued success of the placement business within the UK, as a key member of the management team.
This position is a key hire for the business at a crucial time of our growth story and will be the focal point of subsequent growth. Reporting directly to the Managing Director, this role requires a tenacious and entrepreneurial mindset to see the opportunities ahead with our brand; and create new ones!
- Initial sales point of contact for all incoming client enquiries, presenting the suite of products and services as needed, fee discussion and programme proposal
- Establishing and maintaining existing and new referral networks and corporate relationships
- Content creation and engagement with media outlets
- Key input into pricing strategy, budget, forecast formulation and growing the profitability of the UK operation.
Process and Delivery
- Client point of call, giving exceptional customer service.
- Manage the consultant network and streamline internal process to expand the delivery capacity.
- Develop department process handbook for training purposes.
- Client delivery within either school or University placement.
- Increase client conversation rates and revenue base.
- Placement department P/L monitoring and KPI responsibility.
- Drive the business area forward with new revenue initiatives, enhancing our current offering and attracting higher volumes of business.
- A working knowledge of the UK education system, ideally with a background of either school admissions, school advice/ placements or University consultancy.
- Experience with interacting and dealing with international stakeholders.
- Commercially awareness with forecasting/ budget responsibility and business growth experience with a keen eye for revenue growth and margin expansion.
- Ambitious and entrepreneurial in nature, willing to take responsibility and accountability.
- A calm, warm and reassuring personality, best suited to our business and client base.
- Demonstrable ability to win new business from initial point of contact.
- Highly competitive basic salary based on expertise plus bonus
- Annual profit share of full placement practice in line with key deliverables
- Pension and annual Leave
- Scope for management equity over time and once proven within the business.
Please send all covering letters and CV’s to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: March 1st 2019