UK School Entrance Exams & How to Prepare Effectively!
Applying to a UK school is often a lengthy and complicated process.
At William Clarence, we are home to a specialist team of dedicated education consultants who can provide top-level advice and support on every aspect of UK school applications within the independent sector, including how to prepare for the 11+ entrance exam.
In this Excellence in Education podcast, we speak with Beatrix Woodhead, a specialist entrance exam advisor, tutor and consultant, on how students aspiring for a place at a UK grammar or independent school can effectively prepare for their application and 11+ entrance exam.
Beatrix has published multiple textbooks on the subject, as well as working closely with families from around the world to help their children excel in their UK school applications and win places in the country’s most competitive and prestigious boarding and day schools.
By listening to this podcast, you’ll discover:
- what the 11+ exam is, and which schools use it
- when the exams take place throughout the year
- how children can best prepare for the exam
- the most important elements of the 11+
- what to expect in the interview element of the exam
- how parents can help their children to prepare
- important things to remember on the day
- … and more
Looking for further UK school application support for you and your child?
We have a dedicated School Placement programme here at William Clarence, which includes:
- a complete academic consultation to determine the best form of support we can provide
- the support of a dedicated education consultant, as outlined above
- the complete handling of all application forms and administration by our expert team
- a thorough and intensive research period to establish and refine your shortlist of schools
- advice regarding open days, tours, exam preparation and further tutoring
- an organised meet and greet with your chosen schools’ admissions offices and key staff
If you would like to discuss implementing this service for you and your child or children, please contact our team today and we’ll be glad to arrange an initial consultation with you.