UK University Admissions Consultant
William Clarence Education is one of the UK’s leading education advisory and consultancy services, helping families on every aspect of their educational journey.
Our business is built around the quality and integrity of our people. With close links to former Heads of Schools and senior figures within the education industry we are proud to offer expert, impartial advice that puts each child at the centre of the process. We work with clients from all around the world, dealing last year with clients from 18 different countries. We support British families moving back to the UK after a period abroad, international families having their first contact with the UK education system and domestic UK families.
Our suite of service offering begins with nursery advice for our clients with young families, through to prep and senior school placement. For older students, we offer full UK University and US College Admission placement programmes, including tailored Oxbridge and Medicine Application support and Masters applications.
This role is intially as a freelance consultant and would suit an experienced Higher Education Advisor, focussing on advising on all aspects of the UK University entry process and higher education system; ranging from standard undergraduate UCAS applications to niche Engineering, Law, Medicine and Oxbridge Applications. Students of all abilities and course interests, currently studying a range of curricula inside and outside of the UK will need advice on their best options and strategy for entry to a UK university. Our support programmes include all aspects of university applications from course research, academic reviews, university shortlisting, personal statement support, work experience advice, wider reading help, admissions test preparation, interview preparation and open day visits planning.
Due to the unprecedented growth of our higher education business, this position is a key hire for the business at a crucial time of our growth. Working freelance as part of the Family Services team, reporting to the Head of School and University Consultancy, this role requires a tenacious, hard working and committed person to ensure the very best results are achieved for our growing client base. This is a client-facing position: managing client relationships within our Higher Education.
The role will suit an engaging, enthusiastic and extremely knowledgeable UK university admissions professional, having a proven track record of advising students from 14 to 18 through the UK University system. He or she will be hard working and committed to providing the highest level of service and educational advice using all their experience to date to get the best results possible for our clients.
- Managing the relationship with the client and the family
- Setting appropriate timelines for applications
- Regular meetings with client
- Advice on course and university options and choice
- Advice on reading lists,
- Advice on admissions tests
- Advice on and carrying out mock interviews
- Preparation of personal statement and any supporting essays/cv
- An experienced and knowledgeable UK University Application professional with in depth experience of the full UCAS procedure.
- Previous positions may include Head of Careers, UCAS Advisor or similar at a leading UK independent school.
- Demonstrable experience with preparing shortlists, course research, personal statement advice, UCAS form help and work experience guidance.
- Experience working with students from a variety of curriculums, advising on entry strategy for all standards of student/ university.
- Experience with Medicine, Law and Engineering and Oxbridge Applications preferable
- Demonstrable network within higher education and UK universities admissions staff.
- A calm, warm and reassuring personality is best suited to our business and client base.
Please send all covering letters and CV’s to email@example.com
Role Type: Consultant
Start Date: ASAP